Leading Transformation in the Printing Industry
August 11, 2021 to November 2, 2021
An Executive Leadership Certificate Program exclusively for Print Industry Leaders from George Mason University’s School of Business Executive Development department
Are you looking to refocus and build a new future for your print business?
Are you interested in learning how to build a strategic framework so that you can reinvent your organization?
Are you looking to build or revitalize your current business model based on an innovative vision of the future?
This nine-week course, taught by Mason’s world-class professors, was designed specifically with the printing industry in mind. Participants will walk away with:
- New, strategic frameworks to help you reinvent your organization helping you lead your business into the future.
- The necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities you NEED to successfully transform your company and generate continued success.
- The ability to face head-on the radical changes to technology, markets, and financial models.
- A certificate of completion issued by George Mason University indicating that you have successfully completed this business intensive program.
This course is divided into three distinct units each lasting three weeks:
- Marketplace Disruption: What does the marketplace look like? How do we disrupt what has become the status quo?
- Customer Principles: Who are our customers? How do we know and deliver what they need before they even know what they want themselves?
- Implementation: How to build your business to deliver.
Session #1 – Creating a Strategic Vision of the Marketplace
Module 1: Understanding The Nature of Disruption
Module 2: Business Model Innovation
Module 3: Customer-Focused Strategy
Session #2 – Harnessing a Strategic Vision of the Customer
Module 4: Creating a Customer-Focused Organization
Module 5: Mastering Customer Dynamics and the Customer Journey
September 29-October 5
Module 6: Creating Sustaining Sources of Value
Session #3 – Leveraging the Voice of the Process
Module 7: Customer Value Mapping
Module 8: Design for Innovation
October 27-November 2
Module 9: Value Stream Mapping
The program and all materials, discussion boards, and synchronous session links will be housed in Blackboard. Synchronous sessions within each module will be delivered via Zoom. Each session will consist of three learning modules for a total of 8-10 hours of instruction materials. Each online session will take place over three weeks with a one-week break between categories.
APTech Members: $1,995.00
Nonmembers: $2,600.00 | Join APTech Today and save more than $600 on this essential leadership course!
Frequently Asked Questions about the Program and Course
WHAT IS THE ADVANCED LEADERSHIP PROGRAM?
The Advance Leadership Program is a graduate-level certificate course designed exclusively for Print Industry Leaders and delivered by the faculty of the George Mason University School of Business.
HOW LONG IS THE PROGRAM?
It is a nine-week program that will be delivered online.
IS THERE A SET DAY/TIME FOR THE CLASS?
Live classes will be held in the evenings, though some faculty may choose to teach during the day. All classes will be recorded for future viewing and available for registered students via the Blackboard platform.Sessions will be delivered both synchronous and asynchronous with some portion will be “do it at your own pace” and others will be live.
HOW MUCH TIME WILL I NEED TO DEDICATE EACH WEEK?
Students should expect to dedicate from three to five hours per week on the course work which includes participating in the online learning sessions
WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER TAKING THIS COURSE?
You will learn new strategic frameworks to help you reinvent your organization and lead your your business into the future. You will be able to face head-on the radical changes to technology, markets, and financial models.
WHAT IS THE OVERALL STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAM?
Session 1 – Creating a Strategic Vision of the Marketplace
• Module 1: Understanding The Nature of Disruption
• Module 2: Business Model Innovation
• Module 3: Customer-Focused Strategy
Session 2 – Harnessing a Strategic Vision of the Customer
• Module 4: Creating a Customer-Focused Organization
• Module 5: Mastering Customer Dynamics and the Customer Journey
• Module 6: Creating Sustaining Sources of Value
Session 3 – Leveraging the Voice of the Process
• Module 7: Customer Value Mapping
• Module 8: Design for Innovation
• Module 9: Value Stream Mapping