Effective Date: August 20, 2018
The Association for PRINT Technologies (“APTech,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process the personal information that we collect when you visit our website https://printtechnologies.org (“Site”), become a member of our organization, or participate in our events and conferences (collectively “Services”).
We collect information you provide to us when using our Services, including your name, address, email address, phone numbers, fax number, payment information, spouse or guest information (for event registrations), employment information, professional affiliations, and any other information you choose to provide us. We also collect information such as gender, age, special needs status (where permitted by law), and social media handle from our trade show exhibitors and attendees. We collect this information when you submit an application for membership, register for our events or programs as well as other industry events, subscribe to our newsletter, or purchase publications from the APTech online store. We also collect this information from other members, through staff research, or through any other method.
We obtain additional personal and other information about you from third parties, and combine it with the information that we collect from you.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To deliver the content of our Site and Services, including to improve the content of our Site as well as its advertisements, notify Site visitors about updates, and recognize Site visitors;
- To deliver products and services you request, including membership benefits, event registrations, and our publications;
- To advertise and market products and services that we think will interest you, including through mail and telephonic methods;
- To distribute surveys;
- To process membership applications;
- To respond to your inquiries or contact you as you request;
- As required by APTech to enable our business, including for research and analytics purposes;
- To protect the security of our interests, including our premises, assets, and systems;
- To comply with the law; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time personal information is collected.
We do not use automatic decision-making (i.e., making decisions solely by automated means without any human involvement) or profiling (i.e., automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain aspects of an individual).
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information for the new purpose.
We share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Third party vendors who process data on behalf of APTech, such as event registration companies who provide registration services for our events and conferences, payment processors who facilitate membership payments, email service providers who facilitate our email communications, service providers to our trade shows, direct marketing providers who fulfill any print and related mailings and, web hosting providers who track and analyze our website performance and related analytics;
- Third parties who provide products and services that support our events or that we think will be of interest to you, including lodging providers, logistics service providers, event security providers, trade show staffing providers, equipment providers, freight service providers, photographers and related event service providers;
- With partners and other third parties for use in connection with business activities;
- With other third parties for their direct marketing purposes;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of our website and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect information about your use of the website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. APTech uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses information when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy policies of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
This section applies to those that visit our Site from the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
APTech processes personal information with your consent or when APTech processes personal information submitted to the Site for specified purposes.
On other occasions, APTech may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfill a contract (for example, for billing purposes) or where required to do this by law.
If necessary, APTech may also process personal information when it is in APTech’s legitimate interests to do this (e.g., to provide membership services, deliver direct marketing, personalization, or for fraud detection) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. APTech enters into standard contractual clauses with data processors who transfer personal information outside of the EEA on its behalf. In other instances, we transfer your personal information because it is necessary to do so to fulfill the terms of an agreement with you. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact us using the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that APTech may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period or consistent with our internal data retention practices After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
To update your contact information or change your communication preferences, including to stop email, telephonic, or mail communications from us, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below. You may also unsubscribe from our email communications by using the link provided in the email.
As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, no more than once per calendar year, you may request that we send you via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us, in our role as data controller, at:
113 Seaboard Lane, Suite C-250
Franklin, TN 37067